If there is one thing I’ve learnt from my travels, it’s that too much luggage is only one thing –
incredibly annoying. Oh, and that there is no need to bring tons of make-up because if we’re being
honest, we really don’t need that much.
Since I made it my mission as a glampacker to refute the widespread believe that backpackers mostly
look hoboish, I want to share my top beauty hacks for travelling.
My top tip is to bring products that are versatile in use. That way you can save space as well as time!
Which are both things that are crucial when travelling as there is no way to spend hours on hours in a
hostel bathroom for a mani- and pedicure or following any of your beauty rituals.
My top tips
- Shampoo and body wash in one. That’s a no brainer and won’t hurt as it’s just about getting
clean and a nice smell. However, conditioner is an exception as I always make sure to bring
- Moisturiser and Foundation in one – also referred to as CC Cream. This combines three
products in one: daily moisturiser, sunscreen and foundation. In case you’ve got really dry
skin, apply a 24-hours-moisturiser instead of a day and night cream. That spares you another
- Bronzing Pearls. Due to the five different shades, the application is very versatile. Meaning
that you don’t need any space-consuming highlighter, eyeshadow, contouring and bronzing
palettes. That’s what I call a win!
- Skin Cleanser. This device has several perks! It won’t run out, ever, and can be used for
cleansing, peeling and anti-aging! That way, you won’t need any cleansing tissues!
- Your favourite Powerlip. Choose a colour that you’d also use as an eye shadow. Maybe
something more vibrant so you can wear it for going out. Use the Bronzing Pearls as an
eyeshadow for your daily make-up while using the Powerlip at night.
As you can see, this leaves enough room for buying plenty things on the go!